One week prior to fasting
Prepare your body for cleansing, by reducing your intake of inflammatory foods including caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, sugar, dairy, gluten, & meats. However, do not go cold-turkey or you could experience mild to severe detox symptoms.
If you consume any of the above items in large quantities, ease off of these substances slowly over the course of a week so that you have completely eliminated consumption at least 48 hours prior to beginning the juice fast. In order for optimal benefits and reduction in any withdrawal symptoms during these 3 Days we highly suggest:
- Reducing meat, egg and dairy intake from a week prior, to nothing the day before.
- Reducing caffeine intake from a week prior.
- Keeping yourself well hydrated before, during and after the cleanse with a minimum of 2 liters
of water daily.
- Slowing down your workout regimen to match your energy levels – your body is already hard at
work cleaning itself out!
Whilst these steps are not necessary, they will highly improve your experience and will yield better overall results.
24 to 48 hours prior to the juice fast
To prepare your digestive system to move away from solid fibrous foods to strained juices, we recommend consuming raw fruits and vegetables only for 24 to 48 hours before beginning our 3-day juice fast. During these two days, avoid the consumption of all processed foods.
DURING THE CLEANSE
What to do during fasting
- Begin each morning with a warm glass of lemon water or some caffeine-free herbal tea.
- Drink first juice within 1 hour of waking. Sip on a new juice every 2-3 hours.
- Feel free to drink as much water as you’d like during the cleanse! Don’t discount the
- importance of regular ol’ H20.
- Avoid solid food if possible, even the littlest bit of fiber will make your body start digesting
- again and cause hunger.
- Limit exercise to gentle movement, including rebounding and yoga.
- Consult our Nutritionist (TONIMA SHARMIN) should you have any questions!
Feel extra good after your cleanse
Soak in an epsom salt baths, try dry skin brushing, and lounge in infrared saunas to help the detox process along.
What to do the day after
After the cleanse, hopefully you’re ready for some new, healthy habits! While you may be hungry and looking forward to eating after a 1, 2, or 3 day fast, ease back into it! The same preparation you did to start the fast should be made here, limiting those hard-to-digest foods such as sugar, dairy, gluten, & meats for at least 1-2 days after the cleanse.
Then, the rest is up to you!